Oh Em Geeeeee. I’ve just been nominated for a Blogger Recognition Award. Like seriously. Next thing you know, it’ll be an Oscar.
Discover With Zainab is truly a labour of love and it’s not easy being a blogger. But it’s so rewarding to see progress after the endless hours researching, writing and tackling the beast that is social media. This all actually started when I was a geeky 12 year old stuck between the pages of The Lord Of The Rings and vowed that one day too, I would travel in order to discover… stuff. So that’s what I’m doing, one country at a time and one story, myth and legend at a time. Read my latest stuff HERE :).
Advice I would Give To New Bloggers:
I am a new blogger so this is advice I’m following too!
- Write about what you love. Don’t be stuck writing about travel, if dog-walking is your thing. This is hard work and if you’re not in it 100%, you will be wasting your effort. Writing about what you love will also help you find a niche – Mine is travel mythology and I don’t know anyone else who has it, so it’s a strength. Who are you as a blogger? As Mark Manson says in his brilliant book ‘The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck’ – “Who you are is defined by what you’re willing to struggle for”. You need to enjoy and relish whatever you choose to struggle for in order to make progress. Right now, I enjoy the struggle of being a nerd and typing myths on my laptop, so I’m happy to carry on.
- Expect progress in tiny steps. Rome was not built in a day. It’s easy to panic about not having 30k views on your website in the first week. Trust me I panic all the time. For every task I complete, it seems I have 10 more to do. But, the best thing to do is take a deep breath and remind yourself of some small step of progress you’ve made today. It’s all about the little things and how you are moving forward – there’s just no such thing as an overnight success and we have to accept it. It’s just part of the blogger life.
OK so now I need to nominate 15 lucky blogs for the award. Here are the instructions for my nominees:
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to, don`t forget to let them know about the nomination.
Good luck and may the blogging force be with you!